Thursday, May 29, 2008

How you get there

Last night my family y I watched a movie entitled, "The King of California". I had heard a lot about this movie from a dear friend. He was correct to tell me that the movie was worth watching and really really funny, but it was the message that stuck with me that made the difference.
It's a movie about a Dad y his daughter on a treasure hunt in California. Charlie tells Miranda that it wasn't about the gold, but the adventure was important.
This is how I would explain my adventures with my good friend. We decided that everyone was in a hurry that they are missing the excitement in life that they could all have. People are to stressed out with work, money, school y family. Those are all great things to worry about, but if you do not slow down every now and then, you're not going to enjoy life.
A couple of months ago, Desperado y I drove a Uhaul from Seattle to Provo UT. We stopped at anything that seemed interesting to take pictures, little restaurants to eat in. We enjoyed life y the drive home. 2 weeks later we drove to Southern Utah for fun. We spent the whole afternoon exploring little one street podunk towns. We've had a lot of adventures before are recent ones y we shall have many more as soon as he joins me on my carni tour!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like you. dearly. take care of pancakes when he leaves me and joins you.