Tuesday, May 20, 2008

update

So I've been here for about a month and we've had 4 shows. I'll try to be better on updating our shows. So here is a quick run through of our recent shows.

Dog Wood: I arrived here on a Wed after being up all night on a Gray Hound. I think it was one of the most entertaining trips that I have ever been on. Well I arrived and was whisked away to Lewiston ID, for our first weekend show. It was a fun little show. Nothing to exicting happened except for the tye-dye sign that read; Made in Oregon. I was so happy only because we all know that hippies come from Oregon and one of the whinches broke so we only had one bungee tramp.

Hippie fest: The next week we went to Moscow ID for there mini shaksperean festival. It was run by hippies for hippes and we made a fair share of money because we had a lot of climbers and the same whinch that we had fixed during the off week broke yet again. After setting up on Friday my Uncle and I drove all over Mosocw, Lewiston y Clackston trying to find a place to sleep. We finally found a walmart that was open y purchased sleeping bags. We drove back to the park around 1am and crashed in the truck.
They had live music and hippie dancing the whole day we were there working. The best group was a latino group from LA. We sat there and enjoyed the music that they played for us.

Oregon City: So far this has been the worst run fair that I have been to. It was suppost to be a family festival, but it was run by a gay man and ozzie ozbourne named Rebekah. I liked Rocky, I mean he was a very nice guy and really went out of his way to make everyone feel welcomed. The woman version of Ozzie was the complete oposite! She was in charge of the music and for two days we listened to rap, hevay metal and other crap. It wasn't a good show for us finacially. We packed everything up Sat night and drove home all night, so that we wouldn't have to be there on Sunday.

Anacortes: The first show in the heat of the summer. On Sat it was 93 degrees in northern WA. I truly loved the town of Anacortes. It is all surrouned by water. I left the show a lot darker than I have been since my mission. I figure that I will continue to darken up until I'm a nice golden color. We worked both days in the same kind of weather and loved it.

We have a week and a half off before we head out for 3 weeks straight. We'll start in Portland for 10 days and then off to a town close to Boise for a week. I'll do my best to keep ya'll posted!

1 comment:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Pictures prove you were there! (and enhance the blog!)

Good to hear you are still alive and well!