Friday, January 11, 2008

How are we progressing?




Today in my religion class we talked about the first 4 chapters of 1st Nephi. We were talking about having the faith to get out of our comfort zone and walk into the dark. Nephi has his famous I will go and do verse in 1st Nephi 3:7. In 4:6 he is acting upon what he stated in the previous chapter.

My teacher then asked us how many times we ourselves boast about being able to do things but then not doing them. How many times are we like Laman and Lemuel doing the things of the Lord but complaining the whole time.

While sitting in class I had the impression that this is what I needed to do. I had to follow Nephi's example and take a chance and live by my faith. I've always been someone who will not do anything until I could see the benefits to doing that one thing. I've come to the conclusion that I must just start walking blind for a little bit to be able to find out where I must end up.
It's like my friends say, a parked car can get you no where.

No comments: