Saturday, October 11, 2008

Burning Bridges


Well my good friend Si (CY) y I, spent a little over 90 min talking to our institute teachers on Friday. First we talked to his about what we can y cannot speak about, about the temple in helping others prepare to enter. It was an interesting conversation to be apart of, while with Sister Hepworth we ended up talking about what guys do wrong when it comes to first dates y dating in general. The one thing that stuck out to me is, when we are no longer dating, we burn the bridges down.
I do not know one person that has not burned, at least one, bridge down in their life. I know that I have had my fair share y at times wish I could go back y rebuild those. She also mentioned that she can still sit down with her old boyfriends y be friends with them. I can do that with all of the girls I have dated but three. The girls are not in a particular order either.

The first one I wasn't the one that burnt the bridge, she shot me a text telling me that I was uninvited to her wedding y reception. I see her all of the time at school y it's awkward, but I still laugh at it.

The second is a girl that was my best friend, I miss her still to this day. We didn't completely burn down the bridge after we broke it off, but we left it deserted for a few months. We tried again at what we had the first time, it felt familiar but it wasn't the same. I then burned the bridge when she kept assuming that I wanted to get back together with her when we would talk.

The third girl, is a sweet girl. We both burned the bridge after we did things that we wish we could take back. I hope the best for her, but it is still hard to see her with out feeling the guilt creep inside of me.

I guess the moral of this post is to find closure in your relationships when the end, so that the bridge you built is still intact. I mean we are in other peoples lives, to either build them up or build ourselves up.

Don't be like me y regret burning down a bridge that you had built with an amazing friend, girl 2. I wish were still talking one with another, I miss our conversations that we would have all night long. She still is the only girl I've stayed up all night with talking y not feeling the pressure to do anything but sit there y talk.

One date is to mkae new friends y not lead to courtship.

No comments: