Thursday, October 30, 2008

Would I?

Would I have the courage to stand up for those in need, if I was forced into that situation? I just finished watching the movie, "Hotel Rwanda". AMAZING.
This is a true story of the Rwandan genicide that happens in the 90's or the movie is also know as the African Shindler's List.
In both situations, there was ONE, yes ONE, person that did everything in his power to help those in need.
The one thing in Hotel Rwanda, I could not tell the difference between the 2 races that were in the movie. I know that they could, but why, why do people hate each other so much to kill one another?
Why didn't the Americans or ANYBODY step in y help? I just don't understand how anyone can sit around y just allow something like that to happen.
We were asked to make a list of people who we though would go into the all time hall-of-fame after we are all dead y I would put Oscar Schindler y Paul Rusesabagina on my list. They did so much to save the lives of those they cared about, they are Christ like in my eyes. No they were not members of the Church y did not share our morals, but they are people I would strive to be like.
They didn't want the power or responsibility that was thrust into their lap, but they took upon themselves that burden y did wonders with it.
If we were more like those two men, along with a long list of others, Prophet Joseph Smith to name one, that stood for what they believed to be right, so many problems in this world would be solved!

No comments: