Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Yet again, I strike out before I take a swing

It's true, to become a .300 hitter you have to take the bat off your shoulders. I've had a problem these past few months, that I have been home from the Carni life, with dating. I want to date, I even convince myself that I am going to ask certain girls out, but I cannot allow myself to go through with it. Am I scared, any guy would be lying if he told you that he wasn't nervous in asking out a girl he might be interested in.
Being scared isn't the problem because as a friend once stated,
"The scariest things in life, are the most rewarding!"
I'm to hard on myself, I see other guys with girls I'm interested in y I allow the adversary to tell me that the girls are better off without having the option in going out with me or not. He wins 90% of the time once that argument is started. I think that is one of the biggest reasons, that I have started to become a hermit.
I come out of my cave at night, when I know that I will not see anybody that might recognize me. I only talk to the same 6 people week after week, but lately have been slipping away from them. I don't do the wild y crazy anymore, I'm trying to think about the consequences before I do any actions.
I don't know what is wrong with me, maybe I am growing up but I doubt it. I need to move y figure life out, that is all!!! Plus I need to stop thinking things through so much y live on a whim again.

1 comment:

Pancake: said...

I hear you mate! I was so depressed last night. The girl even knew that I might be asking her out, but I still was too chicken. So I went on a drive to figure it all out. You know what I decided? I decided to be a little more like my friends. you guys teach me in so many ways. Today I'm going to call her, and hopefully it will work out. I'll swing away, no matter how fast the pitch is. I think eventually, when you just keep swinging you'll hit a home run.