Wednesday, July 23, 2008

BYU y Looking for the one

So I've recently read many blogs y have talked to a number of females that are attending BYU that have all told me that they are really here for the whole. "Find a good Mormon Husband" y do the BYU thing. My first reaction will always be, "Why are you here then?"
In my mind you go to college to get an education y not to find someone to marry. I'm not saying that getting married is not important, but why pay $1,750 if all you want to do is get married? It seems like a really expensive dating service to me. I know that I'll have people tell me that we're supposed to get married y further along the kingdom of God, which I totally agree with, but who says we have to do it within 2-5 years of graduating? Show me where it says if you are not married by the time you are 30 that you are a horrible person?
To those who have the mentality that if you go to BYU you will find true love, I say take a step back y really find out what you want in life. If it is not to go to school y just find a guy to be with, then I say don't waste your money. Find a job, save up money y move into a apt complex. In the end, you will save a lot of money y you will have that social network that you need to find someone to be with. This also applies to males.

No comments: