Thursday, February 28, 2008

Education

Our English teacher yesterday was trying to explain the importance of hard work. He was showing us examples of people that have work hard to become perfectionists in their area of work. One of the examples he used was that of Jimmy Page.
He introduced Jimmy as being a member of the greatest American rock band to exist. As soon as he mentioned American Rock and greatest, I knew he was talking about Led Zeppelin. I was sitting next to 3 freshman, all of whom are 18, and the looks on their faces when he mentioned Led Zeppelin made me shake my head in disgust. They had no idea who Led Zeppelin was.
I watched them look at each other and shake their heads, as if our teacher was crazy and had no idea what music really was. I almost took the ipod away from one of them to "see" what their idea of music was, but I decided to sit back and enjoy their blank stares.
As I was leaving I heard one of them mention the name Kurt Cobain. That almost sent me over the edge. They were that uneducated that first off they had never heard of Led Zeppelin and #2 they actually thought Nirvana, a talentless band, had talent.
I'll give Kurt enough credit to say that he was a lyrical genius but nothing else. He doesn't even rank amongst the best guitar players in the world, living and dead.
Led Zeppelin brought something into this world that will never be taken out of it! Kurt Cobain tried to do something but failed miserably.

3 comments:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Where are you this week? Haven't seen you around?

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

You had better keep this thing updated with all your traveling carnie adventures!
Have fun, be safe, remember who you are, all that jazz!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.