Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Tiny Dancer

Over the past few weeks, I've been getting to know a certain young lady in my ward better. Well I home teach her and her roommate. I've been hanging out with her for a while now but I couldn't allow myself to like her because of the following:

1. I am her home teacher
2. She is in my ward
3. She has a missionary out who left in Nov.

Well those were my concerns that I had after our first date. I mean I couldn't stop thinking about her after one date. I would make excuses to go and visit her to just see her and be around her, home teacher, right?
Her roommate started to try to give me hints that I should date her, but I could never bring myself to do it, due to the items listed above. I was afraid of being rejected, yet again by another female.
Last week I decided that I was going to tell her how I felt about her, until I found out that she was heading to Cali with a couple of other guys from the ward. I had a feeling that she might like one of them or the other way around. I decided to give up, but my friend Kenny and Tiatia, kept telling me that Cali was nothing.
Well last night I took her to the BYU vs Utah basketball game. After the game we went to what I call the tunnel of doom. It reminds me of the beginning of "Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark" movie. Only that the spiders are all dead in the winter, but their webs are still hanging up. In there I decided to tell her exactly how I felt and see where it went. It ends up that she has been waiting for me to open up and yeah. We talked about the concerns that I had and decided that they were not important at all.
A little about my friend. She's only 5'3". She has amazing little brown hair with a hint of red hair. Her blue eyes are enough to melt someones heart. If she hasn't won you over yet, then all she has to do is flash you an radiant smile. How can anyone resist such a smile? She's down to earth and just a nice person.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

miles...is she going to come to sunday scribble day after next? cause I'LL be there. no ward choir. WAHOO!

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

She's a cutie!