Monday, October 15, 2007

Letter to me

I heard a song today that made me think. It was titled "Letters to me" by Brad Paisley. I was a song saying that oif her could send a letter to himself, he would do it when he was 17. If I had that chance what would I tell myself at that age?

The one thing that I would stress is money management, only because it would have helped me out in the long run with paying for school and not having to worry so much about work.
Another thing I would have told myself is not to write that letter to Kim. That letter was just a letter that raised my hopes up only to tear them down again.
There is not much that I would say, besides don't go to the club with your fam when you are older. Other than that I wouldn't want to tell myself anything, because that might change the future and I am happy with where I am at. Everything that happens, happens for a reason and we are supposed to learn from those lessons. So if we tell ourselves how it's going to happen, then what are we going to learn?
This is the letter that I would send myself at this point in time:

Dear Miles,
Buddy you are entering your last year in high school. I hope you don't skip school as much as I had us do. Learn how to study and save your money, the movie you will buy with that aren't worth it.
Also don't let your relationship with Kim get to be more than a friendship, she rips your heart out after telling you how much she loves you. Help a lot of other people and just keep doing what you are doing.
I know that you want to know more but your life until now isn't easy, but it is memorable. You will learn a lot about yourself and that will help you become a great person!
Sincerely,
Miles four years down the road.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I would tell myself not to fear school because it holds the key to my dreams.